Serving the Lord. I was saved when I was 26. I attended church off and on for most of my life. While in Japan as an exchange student, my eyes were opened to God. Years later I learned more what it meant to make Jesus the Lord and Savior of my life. I know that I fall short each and every day, but I’m thankful for His grace that covers me.
Serving my husband. Newman and I met way too long ago – I’m not writing any other details so it can’t be held against me later. We had no clue when we got married what exactly we were getting ourselves into. This December we will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. The first couple of years of our marriage were very tough. Then God became part of our marriage. We have grown together and learn more and more everyday. I’m truly thankful for his love for the Lord and for me!
Serving my children. What joy – when life is fun and even when life is hard. Who would have ever thought I’d be a mom – I sure didn’t. (When Newman and I went through our pre-marital counseling, we told the pastor we didn’t want children.) Wow, God has a way of changing us, doesn’t he? Bryce is 7 and in 2nd grade. He’s our laid back kid who loves to talk. Someone once told me that I needed to pray (and we do) that God will use his talking to glorify Himself. Aubree is 5 and she’s doing preschool work. She’s my mini Karen (my sister) according to my mother. Aubree is very strong willed and can make my blood boil in one second and make me laugh the next second. We’re praying God will use her stubbornness to serve Him.
I have started this blog to keep family and friends updated on the kids and our life. Sometimes they do and say the funniest things. The children bring so much joy to so many people and I thought this would be a great way to share this gift God has trusted to Newman and me. I’ve learned so much! I also want to share my heart. Words are not easy for me, but this is my attempt to ‘face that giant’. PLEASE comment because that will encourage me to trudge on!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Jennifer, This is great!!!! I can not wait to hear all the things that God has placed in your heart to share with others!! And I thank HIM everyday for sharing these wonderful children with me and I am thankful for you everyday, and that He gave us the relationship that we have with one another!!
I love you (even though you compared Aubree stubbornness on me)!!!
found a link to your blog on facebook- yay! another bloggy friend :-)
Love your new blog! Didn't want kids.... who'd have thought?
Hooray for blogging!
12
I absolutely love your blog! I wish I had something profound to blog about! Keep it going!
Post a Comment