When I was in school, I found it helped me to come back from class and type my notes (nerdy girl, I know.) Thought I would do that here and share.
Dr. Daniel Akin is the President of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, NC.
The title of his sermon was "A First Century Vision for the 21st Century Church." The scripture he referenced was Acts 2:14-47. I felt the message was very clear and contiues to impress on my heart how important our church family is.
He explained 5 points about "A Church That Pleases God."
1. Exalt the Savior
His sermon is Jesus-centered
2. Expound the Scriptures
A Scripture saturated church
He had a true story of a self proclaimed atheist who understood
the importance of the resurrection. (I appreciated the simiplicity
for myself as well as talking about it with the kids.)
A. It would take a God to raise Jesus from the dead.
B. Jesus is that God.
C. There is heaven and hell.
D. The Bible is true.
E. He (Jesus) makes all the difference.
3. Edify the saints
Disciple making church
A. Teaching church
B. Loving church
C. Praying church
D. Giving church
E. Worshipping church
4. Embrace the Holy Spirit
Biblical balance is the key
He had a great explanation about spiritual gifts.
God gives them to you. We are to know
AND exercise them.
5. Will evangelize sinners
Be a soul winning church - teach repentance.
A family - where membership matters.
This is an hour sermon condensed tremendously!!!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment