Saturday, November 15, 2008

Are We Invited?

The word invite has been used a lot in our house lately - the kids have been invited to a couple of birthday parties, we've talked about wedding invitations and just yesterday mailed shower invitations for Aunt Karen and Uncle Scott.

Yesterday afternoon, we stopped for a funeral procession to pass. The kids asked whose funeral it was. Then Aubree asked if it was for Mr. C (An extended family member that passed away on Thursday.) I told her that his funeral was on Sunday. In all seriousness Aubree says, "Are we invited?" I wanted to answer her respectfully but she really caught me off guard with her question, I had to pause and keep my grins to myself. Then, I explained that there were some events you were invited to attend and others, like funerals, that normally you can just attend out of respect without an invitation.