Obviously, when I think of Mother's Day, I think of my mother. I've now been a mother for almost 8 years and I can't imagine how my mother did it. My father died when I was 13 and she was 36. She was on her own to raise my sister and me through the rest of our years at home. I appreciate the decisions she made for us as we grew up. I know I haven't appreciated her very much verbally, but when I hear myself give my kids an answer like her, I appreciate her in my heart. She's famous for always giving an answer even if she has to make it up. It can be for her creativity since she doesn't know the answer or even for our own protection. We knew if her answer was "I have to think about it," the answer was probably going to be "No."
I'm blessed to have a great mother-in-law as well. She invited me to a Mom's Dinner at their church last night. The speaker shared from 1Peter 3:1-6. She spoke of how Sarah is our spiritual mother. She's listed in the great heros of the faith in Hebrews 1. It was a great lesson for me as I fall daily in motherhood. I don't have to be perfect and will fail. 1Peter 3:6 says "as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror."
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! I LOVE YOU!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment