We have been trying to exercise more. Sunday afternoon we went to a park and hiked about 2.5 miles. I was a little concerned since we started out by seeing a black snake and had to see it again because we missed where the trail started. Monday night we walked around the church parking lot. The kids walked with us for awhile (their PE), then they played on the playground. Last night, Aubree opted to stay with Grandpa and Grandma while the three of us went and hiked a trail at the lake.
And Bryce talked the WHOLE time!!! I don't know how he did it!! The trail had several up and downs. He would say, "Mom, Mom." I explained to him I was breathing hard and had to catch my breath to answer. And he went on....He told me about the chapter Grandma had read to them in Strawberry Girl; he told me how it would be neat if Mario Kart had a track like this on the Wii; we talked about vacation - trying to convince him he would probably love a water slide park if he would just try. Newman even asked if I needed a 'mental break.' (He stayed in front of us and knocked down spider webs - such a good daddy and husband!!) Later, I told Newman we needed one of those clicker-things like they have at Costco to count people, so we could count his words. It would have to count by 5's or we'd never keep up!!
I think Aubree enjoyed her porch time with the grandparents, too.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment