Friday, October 31, 2008

17 Years Ago Today

When I write it like that, it seems like a very long time ago. Well, I guess it was...

Newman proposed to me 17 years ago today. I was a sophomore in college. He had been working for the City for about a year. We usually did not see each other during the week, but that night we met for dinner at Darryl's. After dinner, he took me to a shopping/business complex with a beautiful water fountain at the entrance. He had me sit by the fountain and close my eyes. When I opened them, I had a huge plastic spider ring on my hand along with the diamond ring which was turned upside down. Then he asked me to marry him.

We will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in December!! I can't believe how God has grown both of us in love for each other as well as blessed us with two wonderful children.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

How cute! I love the spider ring part-- that's just too funny!

See? This is why we blog, how else would I ever know that cool fact about you and Newman???