Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What a day!!!!

God is good. All the time, God is good. What a day!!

Bryce had his eye doctor appointment this morning. What we thought would be routine eye appointment to get glasses turned out to be but nothing routine. As the doctor was checking Bryce’s left eye, she told him to hold real still that this was the eye she needed to look at really good. Then, she told me she was concerned about the optic nerve and it being swollen. OK, so what does that mean?? She said it was 98% chance of calcium deposits. What about the other 2%? She says really about ½%. What about the 1/2% then? Reluctantly, the dr says “a mass and that’s all you’re going to remember about this conversation.” I promise no (not completely true, of course) but I needed to know. We head out about 11am to schedule an MRI. Just so happens (NOT – it’s God) they can see us at 11:30am. The doctor said she would call with the results in a couple of days. We check out of the eye doctor and head around the corner to Radiology Clinic. I called Newman at work as we were driving. I assure him we’re OK. We get checked in. Bryce does an amazing job during the MRI. I am so proud of him. As we go to Costco to order his glasses, I’m wondering if I’m going to be able to sleep the next couple of days. I keep reminding myself – God is good. God is in control. He will help us handle whatever the results are.

It reminded me of having a baby. Women have babies everyday, but with Bryce it was my first labor, delivery, etc. I had no idea what to expect or anything. Today, it was definitely scary thinking something may be medically wrong with Bryce. I had to keep reminding myself we had dedicated him to God. We praised God when we were expecting; we praised God when he was born; we praise God for Bryce. But wow, it’s hard when you think something is wrong. I think about others we know that have dealt and are dealing with medical issues.

Bryce and I ran by the house to get his toys before going to church so I could get a some work done. We had a message from the doctor. She said Bryce was “fine and no problems.” It was calcium deposits. PRAISE THE LORD. I called her back immediately!!! She said she has NEVER received MRI results so quickly. (God knew I needed to sleep the next couple of days!) I told her I was very thankful she had received them!! I could instantly feel the relief flow through my body. My emotional tank is drained today but filled with awe of how God works through all circumstances.

4 comments:

DeAnne said...

wow- what a testimony of God's grace.

Rebecca said...

Praise the Lord!!!

do they know what caused the calcium deposits?

Sheila said...

I am so glad it worked out!

Dee Dee said...

Thank you, Lord! We love Bryce and are so glad he's healthy.