Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 2

I must have been really tired - that last post had several typos.


Monday:

We had a leisure morning. Neither one of us slept too well. We were asleep before 9pm!! I went with Karen to the Washington Education Association building for her meeting at lunch time. The lunch was 100% organic - that was a first for me. I even participated in a Multiple Intelligence quiz. Then we stood around the room based on our scores for each area. The funniest part was when it came to Interpersonal skills - 99% of the group had 4 and 5s which was expected. TWO of us had 2s!!! I felt like I was there so that guy wouldn't be on his own. I would assume the interpersonal skills got these members where they are now - they really care about education and what's best for the Exceptional children.

Several people have asked if I was a teacher - Karen makes me say Yes!! When I've told a couple of people that we homeschool, they ask if I homeschool my own children.

I went with Karen to her reception last night. It was really different to be in a room with people from varying levels in education. It's been fun to listen and observe!!

I've talked to Newman and the kiddos a few times. Bryce took a Cub Scout project for him and Papa Don to do and they got it done. Aubree took a milk carton and told me she had made "a creature." I can't wait to see the pictures.

No comments: