Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 4

Note to self: When on vacation, if you will be sightseeing in the city, do NOT walk an hour on the treadmill - it makes blisters!!!
I went Great Harvest Bread Company and bought us a loaf of Cinnamon Chip bread for breakfast tomorrow. I must admit that I have already had 2 pieces after my walk. We have several shopping centers around us but you have to cross major road. I walked through the mall and Target. It was nice walking around but very strange being by myself. I'm hoping to find the kiddos a Washington t-shirt, but I couldn't find any where I went. I took a different walk back to the hotel and made it back safe and sounds to eat!! I got very hungry!!

After Karen got back from her conference, we took the bus ($2) with a few of her friends into Seattle. It took about an hour. We walked down to Pike's Place Market and looked around for a while. Then, we walked so we could see the Space Needle in the distance and took a few pictures. We ate dinner at PF Changs which was very yummy. By the time we got back to the room, I was exhausted and had to take care of my blister. Downtown Seattle was neat. I think it would be neat to stay downtown and have several days to wonder around. But I can now say I've been to Seattle!


This is as close to the Space Needle as we got!

From Pike Place Market

No comments: