Monday, July 21, 2014

1991 - The Protective Sister

 

 
1991 - I was blessed to work at Creative Crafts during high school and some in college.  Karen worked there once she turned 16.  Our Grandmother worked at the store, too.  Living in a small town, everyone asks who you are.  Who are your parents?  Who are your grandparents?  I became know as "Karen's sister." I'm not sure which one of us was working when this picture was taken.  We were nice enough to bring each other food.  One of my favorite things to get when working was an orangeade from Cole's.   Karen has always been protective of me.  One Christmas I fell where someone was doing construction work.  Karen marched right up to them and demanded they replace my pants and boots.  And she threatened to get our Granddaddy who worked as a magistrate at the courthouse.  I was terrified!  Karen had no fear!! And they wrote me a check.  Karen's beginning driving record was eventful...  I mean, who else could be in an car accident and come out with a prom date?
 
Psalm 1 
Blessed is the man
    who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
    nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
2 but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree
    planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
    and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
4 The wicked are not so,
    but are like chaff that the wind drives away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
    nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
6 for the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
    but the way of the wicked will perish.

No comments: