1986 - Karen is 12 and I'm 15. These are probably the years where we communicated the least unless it was to fight. We both were busy with school and friends. We did go to Myrtle Beach again as a family. I think this is the year Karen got saved and baptized. She became friends with the Music Minister's daughter and spent lots of time with their family. Karen has always loved music and now is when she started developing an interest in singing. I remember the day she went down front to join the church. I didn't want her to go because I wasn't ready yet. - not that I knew what that meant then. But that's a whole different story. I'm thankful Karen was saved at a young age.
1987 - Karen turned 13 this August. Moultrie had a new yogurt shop way across town. As we were on the way home, she was feeding me my yogurt. My little red Toyota Celica was a straight drive, and I was never very coordinated. After a few bites, I realized she was scooping a big spoonful, eating half, then feeding me the rest. I thought this was the yuckiest thing ever. She didn't see any problem with it. We laughed and argued about our thought differences for days. And still joke about it now. That summer we went to Williamsburg with Grandmama G. After visiting Roxboro, mama took us to the Outer Banks for the first time. We had no reservations and drove during a terrible storm. I've never had lightening coming at me from two directions at the same time. And Karen has always loved a good thunderstorm. If anything could be more opposite, that statement surely is.
No comments:
Post a Comment