Saturday, July 19, 2014

Closing out the 80s

 
1988 - She still loves her stuffed animals.  You can't see it, but it's the fashion time of banana clips.  I don't think I ever had enough hair to wear one.  This was a year of transition for all of us.  I went to Japan for a year as an exchange student.  The house sold in GA and mama and Karen moved to Roxboro.  Mama started working full time.  One time when it snowed, Granddaddy called to see if Karen needed anything.  She said yes - Doritos and Dr. Pepper.  Karen continued voice lessons, too.

 
1989 - Do you think she has jewelry in the box?  After I came home, we celebrated Christmas again.  Karen introduced me to friends and neighbors as I started at a new school in a new state and town.  That summer, we went back to GA to visit.  We joined a church as a family, too. We celebrated Thanksgiving as family at Aunt Susan's house which was a first for us. It was the first time we all lived in the same state.  Even though we lived in the same town, we insisted on spending the night at Grandmama and Granddaddy's house for Christmas. 
 
Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
    Serve the Lord with gladness!
    Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord, he is God!
    It is he who made us, and we are his;
    we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
    and his courts with praise!
    Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
    his steadfast love endures forever,
    and his faithfulness to all generations.
 

No comments: