Christmas 1999
Granddaddy is a special man in our lives. The reason for writing this blog is to demonstrate God's faithfulness in our lives as well as honoring Karen for her 40th birthday. Leaving a spiritual legacy for our children has been a prayer of mine. At mama's encouragement, I wrote this after visiting with Granddaddy. When I wrote this, Bryce was 5 and Aubree was 3.
On Wednesday, Granddaddy told us about two boys coming to his room Sunday. He said the boy that talked was a little older and bigger than Bryce. The little boy asked him had he ever thought about accepting Jesus as his Lord and Savior. Granddaddy told him yes and he said he then asked him a few more questions and he answered them. Granddaddy said the little boy reminded him of how Bryce talked and talked about the little boy being a ‘little preacher.’ Then we all started talking about heaven. You have to have Jesus in your heart and know Him as your Lord and Savior. Then, Bryce asked if everyone went to heaven. I told him no and Granddaddy shook his head no. And said again that you have to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior to go to heaven. Can’t remember exactly how the rest took place. But we talked about Granddaddy going to heaven. Then, (if) when Bryce accepts Jesus and dies, he will go to heaven. That my daddy is in heaven. Told Granddaddy that on 9/6 was daddy’s birthday and I told the kids that morning that if he was alive, it would be his birthday. Then, Bryce asked , “Don’t they have birthdays in heaven?” I told Bryce I didn’t know, but I thought every day in heaven would be a party.
Bryce asked about our bodies in heaven. I told him our bodies would stay here, but
the part that Jesus is in, would be in heaven with Him. We also talked about not knowing when we will
die, today, tomorrow, a year from now, fifty years from now. Granddaddy said that’s why it’s important to
know Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
Needless to say Granddaddy and I had tears in our eyes by
the time this was all over. But I never
cried since Grandmama said he didn’t want to see it or talk about too
much. So, I just waited and cried on the way home.
The kids were acting crazy and being way too silly to notice
But knowing and trusting that God gave us that conversation.
Jennifer
9/21/06
This picture was taken in 2000. It's too sweet not to include.
"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Rev. 21:4
"Blessed be the name of the Lord
from this time forth and forevermore!
3 From the rising of the sun to its setting,
the name of the Lord is to be praised!" Ps. 113:2-3
from this time forth and forevermore!
3 From the rising of the sun to its setting,
the name of the Lord is to be praised!" Ps. 113:2-3

No comments:
Post a Comment