So, my sister is celebrating a special birthday this year. I'm a few days late in my idea of honoring her 40 days until her 40th birthday. So, I have a little catching up to do and hoping I can keep up. In addition to celebrating her, this is a testimony to the redeeming and restoring of our sister bond - earthly and eternally. I'm thankful we share in our salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I plan to share some family memories and of course I won't embarrass anyone... Please be patient because I'm not the writer in our family. I do numbers. I desire for Karen to know how special our relationship is to me. (I'm not the outwardly sentimental one, so this is a bit out of my comfort zone.)
My little sister, Karen Leigh, was born August 13, 1974.
I don't remember life without her - which is good and bad...
Mama said the whole time she was pregnant
she told me the baby was "ours", so I wouldn't be too
jealous when she was born. Therefore, every time she
cried or needed a diaper change, it was "our baby."
This picture was taken in 1975. Along with wonderful
parents, Karen and I have been blessed with wonderful
aunts and uncles. Uncle Jim died when he was very young.
Most of my memories come from pictures and
sharing with other family members. I remember Uncle Jim
being tons of fun and playing with us.
And he was a huge Carolina fan.
For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 139:13-16
No comments:
Post a Comment