Tuesday, July 22, 2014

1992 - Family

 
Family picture time at church.  Who ever likes getting dressed up for these and taking the time to go?  It was a pain then, and I'm sure we both complained that we had better things to be doing.  But I'm so thankful now we have these pictures. 

For the rest of the post, we have a guest contributor:

My Alabama baby came out feet first and hasn't slowed down yet and don't think she will.  And yes, I made the mistake of telling Jennifer that WE were having a baby; because I had friends who told me that adjustment to a "new" baby in the house was sometimes hard on the other sibling.  Jennifer had to give up her baby bed, so I let her pick out new sheets, clothes and toys for our new baby.  The problem came when the new baby Karen cried or fussed, I had to stop whatever I was doing and to see about her or Jennifer cried too.  Thank goodness Jennifer did outgrow this and so did Karen.

I know with all my heart that her Daddy, Jerry, is looking down from heaven with much pride also.  Her birth was difficult and I watched him pace the room and cry; the doctors weren't encouraging.  He would not let me call North Carolina and tell the family she had been born until she was about 8 hours old; because he told me he did not want to make two phone calls (one good and the next bad.)

It has been a pleasure and a source of pride to watch the young lady Karen has become.  She eventually made wise choices for her life.....education, God, Scott, and motherhood.  (I'm not going to elaborate on the not so wise choices since they are really her story to tell so you'll have to ask her.)

Let your father and mother be glad;
    let her who bore you rejoice. Ps. 23:25

No comments: